I've been a terrible blogger lately, but instead of accepting responsibility I shall instead point the finger at that big ball of hydrogen hanging in the sky. Despite having always been aware of its presence, I've only really just come to realize and appreciate the Sun. I remember hearing the warnings about the darkness of Sweden during Winter and how people yearn for the Sun and me, in my intolerably pathetic 'tough guy' attitude responding that I wouldn't mind it at all . I remember even thinking during Winter that, it almost felt like I didn't really notice the absence of Sun at all.
Until...it came back. All my black-metal armour of feigning ignorance to the light has shed off me like the extra layer of fat I accumulated during wintertime and now all I can think about and look forward to is the comfort of the SUN.
Who am I kidding? I'm Australian for fucks sake. I was born with the glare of the sun in my eyes and the sting of the burn on my flesh - I can't pretend I could survive mentally with minimal doses. I already have to take supplements for a vitamin D deficiency but now it's so good to just sit outside and let my skin swallow those delicious rays of warmth and feel my brain shift back into place.
I feel like my mood has already improved and, perhaps in conjunction with the Alpha Brain, I actually feel much more alert and cohesive. Life has a new sense of energy, direction and purpose. I never meant to take the Sun for granted, and rest assured - I never will again. After all, it's not like there have been ancient civilizations or religions based completely around worshiping it or anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment