I feel as though my most recent posts have been slightly too self-absorbed (or as I would like them to be perceived, "introspective") so I thought I'd change the theme from me, me, me to
myself.
Recently after reading about how scientists claim to have discovered the Higgs-Boson/God Particle, I was reminded* about Carl Jung and even more importantly - the personality test which spawned from his work. Aside from being an allround swell guy, Jung introduced the concept of 'introvert' and extrovert' personality types to the fields of psychology and psychiatry, among many other equally as important theories that are significant to understanding society today. While his scientific discoveries are generally not what pique my particular interest and admiration for him, on this particular occasion they indeed do. For if I was to take a personality test to determine what kind of person I am, I would look no further than a test made (or at least infuenced) by the great man himself.
Now no matter how many articles I read about the actual Higgs Boson particle, I still don't understand a fucking thing. I even watched a few Youtube videos where they explained the concept to dummies like myself and still the lightbulb in my head didn't so much as flicker very dully, emanating only very minor twitches of comprehension.
A personality test, however: piss-easy. I could do it with my eyes closed, and especially so since it's regarding a subject I am an expert on: myself.
Or at least so I thought. Taking the Myers-Briggs personality test proved to be slightly more challenging than I had given it credit for. In fact I had to do the test four times before I felt satisfied I had given completely honest answers, which in itself should be some kind of indication of my personality type right? I kept redoing the test because after the first time I felt as though I answered more like what I would like to think of myself as doing/responding instead of giving an answer stemming directly from my heart.
Out of the four times I did the test I got the same result three times. Apparently I am an INFP personality type and after reading the description it is indeed freakishly accurate, except maybe the part about never-ending discusssions and hypotheticals. I'd recommend anyone else feeling self indulgent to take one of the many tests available online - just make sure you find a reliable source and answer the damn thing honestly!
*Higgs Boson = Double name. Double name can also = Myers-Briggs. Probably another indication of my personality.
myself.
Recently after reading about how scientists claim to have discovered the Higgs-Boson/God Particle, I was reminded* about Carl Jung and even more importantly - the personality test which spawned from his work. Aside from being an allround swell guy, Jung introduced the concept of 'introvert' and extrovert' personality types to the fields of psychology and psychiatry, among many other equally as important theories that are significant to understanding society today. While his scientific discoveries are generally not what pique my particular interest and admiration for him, on this particular occasion they indeed do. For if I was to take a personality test to determine what kind of person I am, I would look no further than a test made (or at least infuenced) by the great man himself.
Now no matter how many articles I read about the actual Higgs Boson particle, I still don't understand a fucking thing. I even watched a few Youtube videos where they explained the concept to dummies like myself and still the lightbulb in my head didn't so much as flicker very dully, emanating only very minor twitches of comprehension.A personality test, however: piss-easy. I could do it with my eyes closed, and especially so since it's regarding a subject I am an expert on: myself.
Or at least so I thought. Taking the Myers-Briggs personality test proved to be slightly more challenging than I had given it credit for. In fact I had to do the test four times before I felt satisfied I had given completely honest answers, which in itself should be some kind of indication of my personality type right? I kept redoing the test because after the first time I felt as though I answered more like what I would like to think of myself as doing/responding instead of giving an answer stemming directly from my heart.
Out of the four times I did the test I got the same result three times. Apparently I am an INFP personality type and after reading the description it is indeed freakishly accurate, except maybe the part about never-ending discusssions and hypotheticals. I'd recommend anyone else feeling self indulgent to take one of the many tests available online - just make sure you find a reliable source and answer the damn thing honestly!
*Higgs Boson = Double name. Double name can also = Myers-Briggs. Probably another indication of my personality.
I took the myers-briggs under supervision in my teens, INFJ being the result. I've never really thought too heavily on it to be honest - aside from being annoyed I wasn't an INTJ as my juvenile mind desired.
ReplyDeleteI can definitely see the INFJ traits in you (baby wipes!).
Delete