I looked outside my window at work today, only to notice someone's backpack sitting outside their 5th storey window; I briefly wondered what was going on until I remembered how cold it was outside and then it dawned on me like a reassuring blanket of genius - by george those Swedes have done it again!
What is the point of having to walk all the way to the staff kitchen, all the while risking the chance of making human contact and having to embark on a superfluous conversation about some banal topic with someone you have absolutely nothing in common with other than the walls you share during day-time hours Monday to Friday?
If you've sub-zero temperatures, snow, ice and frost outside your very window - there really is no need to clog up the communal fridge now is there? Stick food, beer, freshly iced cake or whatever it is that ails you outside your window and it'll be cold and stay damned cold.
To test my theory, I placed a small container of water outside my balcony for something over an hour. I'm not sure if this is common practice back at home but I have never done it before- let alone even conceived the notion until living here.
We used to use our balcony as the freezer in winter in Finland :D
ReplyDeleteHaha, great idea!
DeleteAwesome! Yes I remember reading that the explorers to the south pole just used to leave their meat outside to keep it fresh and frozen. Apparently some meat left there by explorers in the early 1900s was still good to eat when people returned in the late 1900s.
ReplyDeleteThat's great. The whole concept is just so darn logical I honestly had to ponder upon it in admiration for a while!
ReplyDelete