There comes a certain point in one's life where a massive shift in life perspective occurs. Or at least I believe that's what happens to most people who think. Sometimes it can be a result of reading a profound piece of literature, a traumatic experience, seeing an influential film or piece of art, or sometimes it can just happen after spending too many hours at stupid o'clock in the morning over-analyzing personal thought processes and behavioural patterns for the umpteenth time.
Previously I'd always been of the very staunch opinion that "death doesn't discriminate" - and indeed it doesn't. Death will take us all and that is probably the only certainty that exists in life. However it wasn't until I held my lifeless father in my arms and felt his body go from warm to cold that I experienced this kind of epiphany. Life doesn't discriminate either. Perhaps this sounds dumb or oversimplified but I'd never previously considered that concept before: I had always been under the ignorant impression that I had full control over my life and what direction it was headed in - but to a greater extent, I don't. To quote John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" and by golly, I might not agree with everything that man said but you can bet your top dollar that I certainly resonate with that quote. Life just keeps going, no matter what has happened to you. No matter who you are. It'll just keep going and it's up to you and how you handle yourself as to how you fit into this thing called life. I might not have full control over my life BUT there are certain aspects that I am very much responsible for.
What's the point of committing suicide if you're going to die anyway? Or; What's the point of living like a fucking shithead if you're going to keep on living? In all of my (very limited) studies and research into various subjects and philosophies, I keep returning to one central theme: Love.
Without love you are nothing.
Without love it was never worth it.
Without love you will lie on your deathbed filled with regret and no time to make amends.
And then you will be dead forever.
Love is the law. Love under will.
Previously I'd always been of the very staunch opinion that "death doesn't discriminate" - and indeed it doesn't. Death will take us all and that is probably the only certainty that exists in life. However it wasn't until I held my lifeless father in my arms and felt his body go from warm to cold that I experienced this kind of epiphany. Life doesn't discriminate either. Perhaps this sounds dumb or oversimplified but I'd never previously considered that concept before: I had always been under the ignorant impression that I had full control over my life and what direction it was headed in - but to a greater extent, I don't. To quote John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" and by golly, I might not agree with everything that man said but you can bet your top dollar that I certainly resonate with that quote. Life just keeps going, no matter what has happened to you. No matter who you are. It'll just keep going and it's up to you and how you handle yourself as to how you fit into this thing called life. I might not have full control over my life BUT there are certain aspects that I am very much responsible for.
What's the point of committing suicide if you're going to die anyway? Or; What's the point of living like a fucking shithead if you're going to keep on living? In all of my (very limited) studies and research into various subjects and philosophies, I keep returning to one central theme: Love.
Without love you are nothing.
Without love it was never worth it.
Without love you will lie on your deathbed filled with regret and no time to make amends.
And then you will be dead forever.
Love is the law. Love under will.
No comments:
Post a Comment