Upon some quick reflection of the last month it has come to my attention that I have seen some of my favourite bands of all time with thanks to my current geographical location. It is indeed a sad but true fact that Australia is very isolating and while I also do love that aspect - musically speaking, it is not entirely convenient.
27/06/13: To see Depeche Mode live was a dream. I remember back when they first anounced the 'Tour of the Universe' tour and I became so excited at the prospect of finally being able to see them, only to find out that they decided to omit Australia completely - oh the irony. I realize we have some dangerous and weird creatures, but surely that doesn't warrant Australia to be excluded from the known universe?
29/06/13: Ah. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge of Psychic TV . This was the second time this year/my life that I saw them live and words could not possibly express the profound affect his spoken words with White Stains had on me. Some, if not most, of what GBP-O said struck a nerve so close to my heart that I spent almost the entire concert weeping profusely. I don't think I've ever heard more true and sad words spoken as I did that night - I'm actually tearing up just thinking about it again.
13/06/13: I really don't think Iron Maiden need any kind of introduction. The only negative commentary I would say is that the sound at the Stockholm Friends Arena was absolutely not optimal. It just didn't have the same crushing affect as it did when I saw them on the Powerslave tour. But to hear 'Seventh Son...', 'Phantom of the Opera' and 'The Evil That Men Do' live was special in itself.
14/06/13: And to see my favourite Australian band play in my new home-town was of course a great pleasure indeed. Initially I was concerned that the venue would not do justice to the band and my Swedish friends might not receive the full Portal experience, but surprisingly enough the sound wasn't actually too bad at all. The stage and floor wasn't the best so I couldn't get a full view of the band however I did manage to glimpse The Curator a few times and as per usual, he terrified the absolute hell out of me. Vocals and music like that I can seldom listen to without becoming extremely uncomfortable. Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing them again in Germany on Friday.
Naturally this is only a fraction of the bands/music I have seen since moving to Sweden but personally speaking, I experience most concerts far too intensely to take pictures and find it difficult trying to explain or write about them in hindsight.
27/06/13: To see Depeche Mode live was a dream. I remember back when they first anounced the 'Tour of the Universe' tour and I became so excited at the prospect of finally being able to see them, only to find out that they decided to omit Australia completely - oh the irony. I realize we have some dangerous and weird creatures, but surely that doesn't warrant Australia to be excluded from the known universe?
29/06/13: Ah. Genesis Breyer P-Orridge of Psychic TV . This was the second time this year/my life that I saw them live and words could not possibly express the profound affect his spoken words with White Stains had on me. Some, if not most, of what GBP-O said struck a nerve so close to my heart that I spent almost the entire concert weeping profusely. I don't think I've ever heard more true and sad words spoken as I did that night - I'm actually tearing up just thinking about it again.
13/06/13: I really don't think Iron Maiden need any kind of introduction. The only negative commentary I would say is that the sound at the Stockholm Friends Arena was absolutely not optimal. It just didn't have the same crushing affect as it did when I saw them on the Powerslave tour. But to hear 'Seventh Son...', 'Phantom of the Opera' and 'The Evil That Men Do' live was special in itself.
14/06/13: And to see my favourite Australian band play in my new home-town was of course a great pleasure indeed. Initially I was concerned that the venue would not do justice to the band and my Swedish friends might not receive the full Portal experience, but surprisingly enough the sound wasn't actually too bad at all. The stage and floor wasn't the best so I couldn't get a full view of the band however I did manage to glimpse The Curator a few times and as per usual, he terrified the absolute hell out of me. Vocals and music like that I can seldom listen to without becoming extremely uncomfortable. Having said that, I am looking forward to seeing them again in Germany on Friday.
Naturally this is only a fraction of the bands/music I have seen since moving to Sweden but personally speaking, I experience most concerts far too intensely to take pictures and find it difficult trying to explain or write about them in hindsight.
No comments:
Post a Comment