In commemoration of my finally being able to do something with their merchandise, I thought I'd celebrate the merging of my newly purchased vest and a home-made backpatch, with the video clip of said band.Portal are an Australian band hailing from Brisbane, and they are by far one of the most extreme and soul-destroying acts I have had the sick pleasure of witnessing live. They are a brutally bizaare, yet unfathomably dark and twisted band whose music I cannot adequately describe using generic terms. It's like the hum of madness inside a wasp's brain when it is under attack, only more violent and depraved.
I remember one of the first times I saw them play (back when The Curator was wearing a witches hat) and I became utterly transfixed by Horror Illogium's terrifying spider-like fingers dancing fervently up and down the neck of his guitar and how, no matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find any visible flesh on The Curator.
At one of the most recent times I saw them play I became so immersed in the sound that I actually vomited from the intensity; this was when The Curator appeared as a Grandfather clock.
One reassuring aspect about the band, is that they are absolutely genuine. The members (one in particular) are exceptionally peculiar, and that's the way it should be.
Only the one is peculiar? :)
ReplyDeleteFair call. All of the above.
ReplyDelete