I'm starting my Swedish for Immigrants class today. I eventually managed to register for the intensive course which means I'll be studying on a full-time basis from Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 16:30.
I attended the introduction class this morning and we were given an extended lunch break until 13:00. Since it was only 10:15 when we were dismissed I decided to head home as I am deathly hung over although in hindsight maybe I should have stayed and mingled with my classmates. Eh, plenty of time for that I'm sure.
There's only four people in my class, but this is primarily due to the filtering process the SFI course providers have; apparently the other people in my class also have formal academic backgrounds and chose to take the intensive course. Nevertheless this is not to say I did not suffer from my usual bout of anxiety while walking down the hallways of the school building. As I walked down the hallway I looked into each room to witness how crammed each class was; as each step drew me closer to my classroom I wondered if I was going to have to squeeze in and experience a mild panic attack next to some unwitting victim. Fortunately not.
I attended the introduction class this morning and we were given an extended lunch break until 13:00. Since it was only 10:15 when we were dismissed I decided to head home as I am deathly hung over although in hindsight maybe I should have stayed and mingled with my classmates. Eh, plenty of time for that I'm sure.
There's only four people in my class, but this is primarily due to the filtering process the SFI course providers have; apparently the other people in my class also have formal academic backgrounds and chose to take the intensive course. Nevertheless this is not to say I did not suffer from my usual bout of anxiety while walking down the hallways of the school building. As I walked down the hallway I looked into each room to witness how crammed each class was; as each step drew me closer to my classroom I wondered if I was going to have to squeeze in and experience a mild panic attack next to some unwitting victim. Fortunately not.
No comments:
Post a Comment