Initially I thought I was just looking too much into things, but this morning I think my suspicions have been confirmed.There's a late fifties/early sixty something year old lady who lives across the street in another apartment block; I believe she lives on her own as I only ever see her coming out on her balcony or walking passed the window. Every morning as I have my first fix of caffeine and stare aimlessly outside the kitchen window I swear I see her looking back at me. I can't ever tell if she can see me or not, but I always feel she knows I am there, glaring at me.
Occasionally I see her sitting on a bench at the park in front of her block - she sits there waiting, watching the world go by and from time to time someone sits down next to her and they talk, sometimes for hours.
Sure, just because she's looking out her window in my direction doesn't mean she's looking at me right? Well, other than a few times where I could have SWORN she was staring right into my kitchen I really had no evidence this woman knew of my existence...
Until this morning...
Coffee. Stare outside window. Look at her balcony. Oh. A new addition I see. A nice little Swedish flag placed directly in view of me. Is this some sort of revenge for having an Australian flag propped on my kitchen windowsill? If only she knew I am looking for the same sized Swedish flag to place next to the Australian one. And now, when I do get the Swedish flag is she going to think that she influenced me into putting it there?
I've taken a crappy picture with my laptop camera because I had to document this. Unfortunately you can't see the Swedish flag in the distance but mark my words, it's there.
No comments:
Post a Comment