Friday, 23 September 2011

The Unbeautiful Mind

My relentless and demented way of thinking has once again proved that I am a perennial idiot, completely devoid of the slightest sense of reason and a potential part-time masochist. For in times where the average person relies on their natural sense of logic and rationale with which to operate and govern day to day existence, my twisted brain has plans of its own - and unfortunately for the rest of me, that leaves me at the mercy of said grey matter.

If only as cool as him
This morning, for some completely unwarranted reason I decided to dress myself in almost-Summerish attire and no, not because I wanted to. Oh no. That's far too rational an excuse for anyone suffering from simple logic deficit disorder. No, the reason why I chose to wear boots, stockings, short shorts, t-shirt and vest was because I could not justify wearing warm clothing when it was not yet winter. Sure it might be Autumn - but it's Autumn in Sweden and surely Swedes  must be so acclimatised to this weather that they all wear shirts and shorts too, right? I wouldn't want to do something crazy and attention seeking like wear warm threads just because I'm the dumb Australian who thinks it's freezing. No, I can't stand out. If I'm living in Sweden, I must live like the Swede.

Right.

So after I'd made the train trip to the city, I stepped out of the platform and a shockingly cold gust of wind greeted me and fondled me under my shirt. I glanced around to observe my peers snugly tucked into warm scarves, coats and pants. Had it not been for the Goosebumps on my arms and continually pursed lips from trying not to swear at myself, I might not have looked like the awkward and completely un-Swedish git that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment