Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Winter is coming...I get it!

Coming from Australia, it only makes sense I decided to move to one of the coldest countries on the planet just as their summer was ending. And much to my unsurprised surprise, "their" version of Autumn is not exactly the I-can-still-get-away-with-wearing-a-t-shirt-and-scarf weather. It is COLD.

I'm sure the natives would not consider this weather chilly, but the wind is so crisp and so icy it serves to remind me of what lurks in the future. Not that snow and ice is a bad thing at all - or the cold itself for that matter, it's just that I have very recently lived through a winter (albeit an Australian one) this year and I was kind of looking forward to having a swim in the sun around Xmas time. Having said that, the only lakes I'll be indulging in in December will be frozen ones where I will be twisting around like a drunken sailor trying to prevent my impending death by skate blade injury.

The sun is making less of an appearance each day and I think I'm slowly noticing more jackets, boots and beanies in the midst.

Slowly but surely as the earth rotates her northern hemisphere further and further away from the sun, the forever clouds loom over my head predicting the perpetual darkness which is yet to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment