Hardcore Jews practice (to this very day) a ritual which consists of three parts: milah - cutting the foreskin with a knife, peri-ah - ripping the membrane with a fingernail, and mezizah - applying the moleh's mouth to the baby's bleeding penis and sucking the blood from the wound.
The only reason I learnt about it was because this particular ritual, which was conducted just a few days ago (March 6th) made news headlines. Did it make the headlines because a grown man sucked on a two week old baby's penis? No. It made news headlines because the baby actually contracted herpes from the moleh (or rabbi) and died in hospital shortly thereafter.
The scariest part is that neither identity of the family, nor the rabbi, have been publicly released - in fact, the family of the dead child are not even cooperating with the New York DA's office in releasing the name of the rabbi, which is presumed to be an effort to protect him from prosecution.I can't even comment on this story any more because it is just so completely fucking insane. As if the fact the poor kid didn't have any say in having his parts cut off, he now has no say in who gets to suck his blood - let alone some old creep.
This story reminded me of the horrors of female genital mutilation (FGM) which, might I add, is also practiced under the guise of 'tradition' and religion; when in actual fact, FGM is conducted for the sole purposes of increasing sexual pleasure for the male and reducing it for the female, 'cleanliness' and chastity. I am too mentally flabbergasted to rant and rave against it so here's a link to a story and video.

It's a crazy world! That doesn't even begin to express the disgust I feel towards these abominable practices. My heart goes out to the victims.
ReplyDeleteYep. It infuriates me to no end. I try to keep an open mind about things, but I just can't justify any form of genital mutilation. Even if the kid grows up only to hammer nails though his dick, it's his decision to make.
DeleteI find it infurating when women say they only like circumcised men. Imagine if men said that about women geez. If you can't wash your cock you have bigger issues.
ReplyDeleteExactly. This ridiculous argument that it's 'cleaner' when it's circumcised disturbs me. Maintaining personal hygiene isn't difficult, nor should it require an 'easy way out'. Weird.
ReplyDelete