Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Taken for granted

One of my most excellent best friends recently sent me an Australian 'care package', and I couldn't help but feel  a little overwhelmed with feelings of nostalgia and a strange sense of longing when I looked at some of the familiar sights.

It's funny how you can completely forget the existence of something and when you are reunited with it, it is quite literally like catching up with an old friend. A warm sensation of familiarity, history and memories were most likely the unexpected gifts Leia anticipated to send me, and the package will most  definitely serve as a survival pack for the upcoming months.

I am without a doubt taking one box of Billy Tea to work with me since I have grown tired of drinking the wimpy English Breakfast available there. Hail extra strong Billy Tea and its campfire brew goodness!

There's something about reading excerpts of the history of Banjo Patterson on the side of the tea box that quite literally, hit home- plus it's always nice to read how the company are supporters to families of fallen Diggers. And let us not forget the quintessential Australianism in how the tea, which is maliciously defended and marketed as 'utterly Australian', is actually blended and packed in another country. I hate the expression, but sometimes it really is the little things...


No comments:

Post a Comment