Thursday, 27 October 2011

Life just got 329kg heavier

Finally I received some news from the freight company. My belongings will be delivered on November 3rd or 4th. Of course this isn't without further difficulty with the fine print as I am currently disputing the delivery to "ground floor only" since I had specifically arranged for door to door delivery.

As much as I would love to carry 23 boxes from the delivery truck and up two flights of stairs, I think I might leave it to the people who I paid to perform the honour.

Oh the pleasures of unpacking belongings. Once again. I have moved house once a year for the last six years for one reason or another and frankly, I am sick of it. Something tells me this move will be slightly more permanent than the rest.

More than anything I am excited to have my books and records with me at last. And clothes, I am so sick of looking at the same clothes all the time. Last but not least I will finally have my camera cables so I can take my own pictures at long last!

The challenge that awaits my immediate future, i.e. this weekend, is to make room for everything. After several failed attempts (including the one with the car battery failures - I am still so sorry Johan and Nina!) at trying to locate some basic book shelves I am not quite sure if I will try IKEA again. Although I am in dire need of storage solutions and can't really afford to be picky. For some bizarre reason I can't find any wall shelves on second-hand websites so it looks like the corporate giant wins again.

Of course it is only so awfully typical that the very weekend I will have my belongings delivered is the very weekend of The Devil's Blood and Watain show. Dealing with boxes and hang overs - two of my favourite past-times.

No comments:

Post a Comment