Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Shit just got real

Last time I was in Sweden in winter I nearly broke my neck several times because none of my footwear was equipped for slippery, snowy ground.

So the other day I bought myself this pair of shoes thinking, 'Fuck yeah. Warm interior, rubber sole...how can this possibly go wrong?' Of course I forgot that snow like, falls n' stuff and the top of my shoes is faux-suede which I can't imagine will stay dry for too long since snow doesn't actually land on you and remain a thick puffy cloud. Looks like these'll have to be my Autumn shoes and I might have to consider buying those weird moon boots I see making an appearance in every shoe store these days...

While on the topic of couture, I looked at my current closet situation and noticed pretty much nothing but summer attire neatly propped up on the shelves beckoning me to be worn. Ain't no way I'm wearin' any damn short shorts again - this cold is becoming too intense.

Does that mean I pack up my summer clothes and put them in the kooky attic downstairs in the building? Is that what Swedes do? Do I make room for all the bulky winter clothes now considering I won't be wearing anything but? I've never had to think about such things before and it's confusing. Closet was the space where I aimlessly threw all clothes and secrets...now I actually have to think about it and organise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment