Monday, 3 October 2011

Living out of a suitcase

I sent my belongings (a.k.a. my life) from Canberra to Sweden back in July and I am yet to receive them. I got an email last week informing me that my life had landed in the UK and that I would experience some delays due to administrative difficulties on the freight company's behalf.

I don't even know what is coming any more. Certainly more clothes. Books. Records. Knick knacks. Most likely a bunch of other shit I could live without.

I think I can understand when people rave on about 'things' and 'belongings' being nothing more than material weigh downs because I have obviously managed to survive without these possessions thus far. I'm sure once I see them again I will justify their place in my life and repeat, "I don't know how I could have lived without you." Though at this point in time, I am kind of enjoying the purity of living a blank canvas.

At least I will finally have my camera cables so I can post my own photographs instead of having to resort to these inane Google images.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing you will probably open the boxes and wonder why you kept half the shit. I've resigned myself to the fact that the lady that was minding the stuff I left in the Netherlands is a psychotic bitch and won't give it back. Still that gives me a tinge of something in my gut, anger, hate, sadness? I dunno, I try to imagine that my house burnt down and all my things are gone but the fact is, they aren't so it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm expecting the boxes to arrive this weekend and I'm already planning to make a pile of things that I will sell, e.g. old clothes and trinkets. I can be one of those vagrants that makes a living from selling weird shit!

    ReplyDelete