Yes, I am going to confess this on the world wide web:I went to a Queen tribute show.
There. I said it. And just so you know that despite me currently being deafened by the sounds of your diabolical laughter, I am indeed still scraping off the layers of cheese I procured after attending the show.
Having said that, I will add that the show was rife with a good selection of cheese, including the part when "Brain May"'s wig seemed to have a life of its I own.
I honestly was not expecting many people to go and that those who would go to be a bunch of fifty-something year olds desperately clinging on to their glory days, but that was not the case at all. I was quite pleasantly surprised to see people of all ages nicely fill out two levels of a large hall and really get into the show. At first I'll admit it was slightly awkward since everyone was sitting in their seats while "Freddie" was trying to get them to stand up since it was a "rock show". Alas, everyone did get on their feet and obey orders to sing back, move their hands and remain standing for the duration of the show( though this took a few attempts because the crowd would sit back down in between songs).
I think the cutest part was when the audience were "singing back" lyrics to the band and I could overhear a collective Swedish accent. They really dig their music here.
I would've loved to have been there! There's a Queen show in Sydney this weekend but I'll have to miss it as I'll be out of town at a wedding.
ReplyDeleteYeah, they were pretty good. Though "John Deacon" could have pretended to want to be there a little more. I can't wait until I have my blasted camera so I can post my own pics!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to make sure they play a Queen ballad at the reception otherwise they didn't *really* get married.