Monday, 7 November 2011

Those wacky Swedes...

Prior to this evening I considered myself a rather seasoned Sudoku player; a veteran of the battlefields in modern Japanese mental warfare, you could say. I have played it for many years during which I have also purchased a substantial quantity of Sudoku puzzle books. So I'm not sure if I am getting stupider in my old age or if Swedes are actually smarter than Australians but the 'Easy' section of a Sudoku puzzle book I bought the other week would really be considered 'Medium' level in the books I have bought in the past...and frustratingly so at that.

In order to make myself feel better I thought I'd dedicate this post to some of the peculiar things I have encountered in Sweden thus far. Most of them revolve around shopping but I'm sure in time there will be similar posts to come...

Never again should you have to experience that awkward moment when you walk to the toilet with an acquaintance or someone from work only to sit next to them and hear them go about their business. Torture chambers? No. Public toilets.



Just in case you didn't like the size of the product the person behind the counter gave you - why not pick your own?



Imitation Weet Bix and Tim Tams:


If you're the lucky one at a train station you too can have your own personal arm rest while other seated scum have to place their arms in their laps (by the way, this bench is at least ten metres long). Afterwards when you go shopping, why not use the mystical porta-trolley-basket? When a shopping basket is just too small and a shopping trolley is just too large - opt for this bad boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment