Friday, 4 November 2011

Beautiful garbage

Judging by the last few posts I submitted it would appear evident that the sharp talons of technology have once again tightened their ghastly grip around my delicate soul. For where I would usually write a blizzard of poorly constructed words and sentences I resorted to let the iPhone do the talking. I trust this was just a momentary lapse where my subconscious dabbled with the spheres of micro-blogging for a few days and I have now recovered back to the usual non-fictional diarrhea.

Unpacking was as shit as I expected it to be. While I was somewhat initially pleased that I had gotten rid of half of the boxes due to records and books, I still had the other half of twenty three boxes which were not filled with records and books. Mostly clothes really but for crying out loud - WHY did I have to pack candles? Hmmm, on second thought the candles are okay. Let me try again: For crying out loud - WHY did I have to pack a bunch of handbags I have never and will never use? Hand bags! I have a wallet on a chain and a vest to put my mobile phone in - period. HAND BAGS? The only justification I can think of is that now I have an iPhone which sits awkwardly in my vest pocket so perhaps a bag would be useful - but I am so ill-adjusted to the things I reckon I will probably lose the bag before gaining any use out of it.

I can recall to an extent my reasoning for packing some of these things back in Australia; "I will start wearing this because it'll be colder." "I'll need a bag in case I go to a festival." "I should pack this just in case I get bored at home." Seriously? What an idiot.

The only good thing to come of this colossal mound of material worth is that I have started a pile where I am throwing all things I know I will not wear or use with the intention of selling them either at a flea market here or online. Finally I will be able to lift this psychic weight from my life and do away with unnecessary accumulation - something I probably should have done back at home prior to moving across the earth but I suppose it's better late than never. I shall consider this to be a long overdue physical and metaphysical spring-clean. Plus it should become a source of income - an issue which has been plaguing my mind for some time now. Getting a job in Stockholm ain't easy...but more on that later.

2 comments:

  1. Handbags = unnecessary accumalation! I have failed you! Snoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they dangle and hang like a tumor! They are portable garbage bins.

    ReplyDelete