When my parcels arrived I wasn't overcome with elation or the wave of relief I had been anticipating. In fact, I dare say my reaction was the opposite; I became really angry at myself in the disbelief that I had managed to accumulate so much STUFF. Just a bunch of materialistic junk that I have so very obviously had no real need to have by my side or within my immediate existence and yet, there it all was - sprawled out before me and glaring at me with cold cardboard eyes.
I have slowly started to unpack belongings piece by piece and have since calmed down because half of the boxes were filled with records and books - not clothes and stupid trinkets. Do I think records and books are materialistic weigh downs? Absolutely. Could I live without them? Absolutely not. One day I hope to be able to do away with them but I don't have the mental or emotional strength just yet...
School has been keeping me ridiculously busy since my promotion to the higher class. We are being given a tonne of homework but the problem is is that after five hours of really trying to learn in class, the brain becomes fried and the last thing it wants to do is homework. Thank the gods we have a day off tomorrow so I can do all of my homework for the week and spend some time unpacking before the weekend. I have an inkling that I am not going to be in the most appropriate condition post-gig this Friday night.
![]() |
School has been keeping me ridiculously busy since my promotion to the higher class. We are being given a tonne of homework but the problem is is that after five hours of really trying to learn in class, the brain becomes fried and the last thing it wants to do is homework. Thank the gods we have a day off tomorrow so I can do all of my homework for the week and spend some time unpacking before the weekend. I have an inkling that I am not going to be in the most appropriate condition post-gig this Friday night.

No comments:
Post a Comment