Wednesday, 16 November 2011

It killed Burton!


A deceptively thin veil of ice is beginning to cover the roads and footpaths and it doesn't melt away during the day, it remains firmly planted in all its slippery glory. The shoes I bought with the express intention of owning footwear with grip have proven me wrong in my assumption that rubber soles can sustain grip on any surface. Since my experience with black ice is somewhat limited I suppose I can get away with not being educated on the matter however this morning after I did a strange little slip and slide dance while trying to walk up the train platform, I was less than impressed.

It becomes dark, almost pitch-black at approximately 4:30pm and it is COLD! Even the statue of a Swedish politician that resides at the local park is dressed for the weather. Not that I'm complaining - in fact, I'm becoming increasingly excited about the prospect of snowfall. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is getting rid of all the bloody boxes before it starts to snow; the communal recycle bins are full every time I attempt to rid myself of these banes of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment